Monday, July 2, 2007

I am moving to Honduras!

I am moving (don't cry, it is only for 10 months). I am going to be teaching 3rd grade in Tela, Honduras next year. Tela is a small, tropical beach town on the Caribbean coast. I will be teaching at the Blanca Jeannette Kawas Bilingual school from August until June. My friend, Christina Dela Cruz, will be going to teach with me. We will be living in a house with one other teacher. We each get our own bedroom but we will all share one bathroom. There is no TV in the house but I will have the Internet (I can live without TV for a year, right?). I am going to bring a lot of books with me so I can read everyday. Also, since it is 70-90 degrees F everyday, I can always go to the beach!


Here is a map to help you see where I will be living. See if you can find Honduras (hint: It is almost at the bottom). It is a very small country. Most of the people there speak Spanish but many speak a little English, too.

It will be an amazing adventure. I know you will all miss me but I will keep you posted. (Want to know a secret? I will miss all of you, too).

If you want to learn more about Honduras, click on this link to the CIA World Factbook: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ho.html

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara, This is your Aunt Terry. I am so happy about your adventure and will check in from time to time

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!
why are you leaving? =(
i am so going to miss you so bad
well anyways, hope you have fun and a great time at your adventures in Honduras
your the best <3
i'm still in school in room 5. i dont really it there. i liek when i was in your class IT WAS THE BOMB!
well jennifer is kicking me off the computer BYE!!!!!
-Stephanie Holley

Anonymous said...

why are you leaving? I will miss you so much.ur the best teacher ever.thanks 4 teaching me different things.

Anonymous said...

Hello.
This is Josephine Cao.
I am a student from your school that you teach right now, Kit Carson.
Unfortuanly I was not in your classroom in the 3rd grade but still i wanted to be.
It's too bad that you are leaving you are a wonder teacher! Have a great time in Honduras!

Anonymous said...

Hiiii!!!!! I'll miss you!!! you're the best teacher ever!! :] have fun teaching there at Honduras!!!! x]

I'm Diana Le :] I was in room 9 but I got the 5th grade promotion so I'm technically in 6th grade right now :]]]]


I hope you have fun there!! ;]

Anonymous said...

hi miss burgin it's me ruth assefa
it is the end if the year i did'nt get to say hi after school because your door wasn't open when are going this june? or next year's june will tell me when your leaving. and thanks for readddddding!
love ya
and i feel like i want to cry right now will see you later


_ Ruth assefa

Anonymous said...

hi again i just want to let you know i hope you write back i don't if i canput on my mom's e-mail page on yahoo well see you later again.

and i have one question HOW ARE YOU GOING TO WRITE TO ME

WELL bye again



-ruth assefa

Anonymous said...

and also say hi to ms soung for me when you come back o.k. i miss both of you and say "hi" to ms, dela cruz
and i wish i was in her class she seems nice but here are to reasons why i can't be in her class is frist is she is not a teacher and second of all she is GOINGTO HONDRUAS WITH YOU

OKAAAAAKY THIS MY LAST COMMENT FOR TODAY.
now i am going to wacth t.v.
- ruth assefa

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss.Burgin.
I hope you have a wonder adventure
in Tela, Honduras.
I hope you will still come back to Carson and visit or teach there again that would be wonderful!
Best wishes and have fun in Honduras with your friend Ms. Dela Cruz.


- Josephine Cao ;)

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Burgin,

I can't believe you are leaving for Honduras so soon! All I ever wanted was to see you one last time before you left. Hope you think of me often and don't fall in love and get married to some Honduras man and never come back.

We will miss you and count the days until your return.

Love,

Your Favorite Student

Anonymous said...

Dear,Miss Burgin some kid miss you because you are moving to Honduras.I hope you a lot of fun at Hounduras and food to eat.